Monday, March 3, 2008

On Clothes from the Movies

You ever notice how movie clothes seem somewhat timeless. We have! Why is it that we all want clothes from the movies? Perhaps for the same reason that in my twenties I bought my clothes off the mannequin (Ok I still do sometimes) at the department store. See the way I figure it someone at the department store spent alot of time and creative energy to pick out the pieces, place them on the mannequin and arrange them so that they would appeal to shoppers. So why would I spend my time and energy figuring out what to buy when I could just buy what was on the mannequin and look good (ok figure withstanding). But does that make sense to you? So IMHO that is one reason why we all love to buy the clothes from the movies. Because the costume designer spent alot of time understanding the character, the scene and the movie to determine what clothing the movie star would wear. The work has been done for us and it looks good...sometimes really good, inspiring us to find and buy the clothes. In the end the connection between Hollywood and Fashion has been in place since the beginning. Our own personal style comes from many different inspirations points and we at ISawItIn.com are glad we can help you find the pieces that inspire your style.